Halloween Security Tips
Halloween Security tips to keep your family safe.
Ghosts, ghouls and witches. Haunted houses and candy. Halloween is so much fun for adults and children alike. Simple safety tips will help you to keep your family, pets and home safe.
- Your lawn, driveway and walkway should be clear of loose objects. Toys, garden tools even rocks can be a safety hazard when someone is unable to see them in the dark. Remember children wearing costumes do not always have full visibility. Clearing the way will avoid an accidental trip and fall.
- Keep your property well lighted. If you do not have lights consider installing motion sensor lights. A Well lighted driveway and walkway as well as the front door area will help to avoid vandalism and keep your home secure.
- If you will be away from home during Halloween consider installing security cameras along with your home security system.
- Keep all pets inside during Halloween.
- Keep candy and other treats out of your dogs reach. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs and cats. Sugar free candy that contains xylitol can cause serious problems for pets.
- Festive pumpkins with a carved face is very festive, pets can easily knock this over. Curious kittens might be attracted to the flame of the candle. Be very careful that pets DO NOT have any access!
- Contact the pet poison control center if you suspect your pet has ingested something dangerous.
- Pet Poison Control Center (800) 426-4435
Trick Or Treating Safety:
- All costumes, wigs etc. should be fireproof.
- If wearing a mask make sure that it has full range of vision.
- If children are outside after dark make sure they carry a flashlight, glow stick or have reflective tape attached to their costume.
- Children should not eat any candy or treats until an adult has had a chance to inspect them.
- Remind both children and adults to put down all electronic devices and to pay attention to their surrounds.
The staff at Protection First Security is wishing you and your family a safe and secure Halloween. Check our website for additional safety information and home security products.